Right of Abode (ROA)
Immigration Solicitors 4me is a renowned name in the field of UK immigration services and various aspects related to it. Our competent team of solicitors is always ready to assist you while dealing with immigration matters and ensure maximum success ratio while handing with your case. We offer expert legal advice in all areas of UK immigration including the Rights of Abode applications.
What is the Right of Abode?
The right of abode is a status under United Kingdom immigration law that gives an unrestricted right to live and work in the United Kingdom without the need for a visa. The British Citizens have an automatic right of abode. You will have the right of abode as a Commonwealth citizen if you have been a citizen of a Commonwealth country up to 1 January 1983 and, immediately before that date:
- • you were a Commonwealth citizen with a parent who, at the time of your birth or legal adoption, was a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies and had their citizenship by being born in the United Kingdom, or>
- • you were a Commonwealth citizen and are, or were, the wife of a man with the right of abode in the United Kingdom.
Pakistan and South Africa were not part of the Commonwealth before 1 January 1983 and their citizens have no right of abode under this provision.
If you unsure whether you have a right of abode or not, please contact Immigration Solicitors 4me and we will be able to assist you further. If you have a UK passport describing you as a British Citizen or British subject with a right of abode you do not have to do anything. If this does not apply then you may be able to apply for a certificate of entitlement to prove that you have a right of abode in the UK.
1. TMC Solicitors is fully SRA regulated law firm. It has a client base all over the UK and the world.
2. Professionalism and client care are our core attributes leading to numerous happy clients
3. Our success rate is over 98% owing to the expertise and thoroughness of our legal staff
4. Our legal approach is very pragmatic and realistic and we offer our client assurance of best legal advice
5. We are accessible 24/7 in case of any emergency, detention or deportation, refusal of entry at airports
6. We offer legal and professional services with minimum disruption in our client routine of life. We don’t make client travel we deal with client issues over the phone
7. We have specialised client coordinators to deal with initial free assessments and they are very passionate about their work
8. We have bilingual staff and we give client the comport of discussing their legal matters with some one very close and understanding