Best Refusal Assessment
Call Me Later
Spouse Visa Uk : How to Apply, Documents Required, Cost
Spouse Visa UK
UK spouse visa is also known as UK marriage Visa and it permits the married partners of UK citizens or individuals already settled in the UK to apply for entry clearance to join their spouses in the UK on settlement basis. It is a type of settlement Visa that allows the spouse to live in the UK for up to 30 months and it can be extended for another 30 months later.
Spouse Visa UK allows the applicant to settle in the UK as they become eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and finally British Citizenship. The main requirement of the Spouse Visa UK is proof that the partner has a genuine relationship with the UK citizen and the sponsor is meeting financial requirements of immigration rules.
Here at Immigration Solicitors 4 Me, our competent immigration solicitors have extensive experience of dealing with spouse visa applications. Hence, we are capable of managing 98% Proven Success ratio. Not only this, our immigration lawyers will always be there to help you at any stage of your Spouse Visa Application.
Whether you are applying for a Spouse Visa or want to switch to this Visa (5 Years or 10 Years Route), you can rely on our expertise without any hesitation. Moreover, if you have received refusal against your spouse visa application, you can trust on our professional skills when filing an appeal.
In order to confirm your eligibility and avail free “No obligation Assessment”, please contact us on 0208 124 3222.
- The Spouse visa UK or the UK Marriage visa is a type of settlement visa that allows the applicant to join their partner for two and a half years.
- If you want to apply under the spouse visa then the applicant’s partner needs to be a British citizen or must be settled in the UK.
- In case the applicants are applying as an unmarried partner then the applicant must provide proof that they have lived with each other for at least two years.
- The evidence by unmarried partners must include documents like a joint mortgage, joint bank account, and a tenancy agreement together.
- Same sex marriage partners also apply under spouse visa rules to join and settle in the UK.
- In case the applicant or the UK partner has been previously married to someone else, it is crucial to include evidence of separation from the previous relationship. This document should be translated into English if it is in another language.
You can Apply for Spouse Visa UK under following circumstances:
- If you are 18 or over
- Married either to a British citizen or a person who owns a settled status in the UK
- You can also seek Spouse Visa UK if your spouse is living in the UK under humanitarian protection or holds a refugee status
- Both the partners are intended to live together in the UK
- Spouse marriage Visa applies to both homosexual and heterosexual marriages
You can apply for a spouse visa UK from within the UK or from overseas, so if you are already in the UK on a work visa, fiancé visa, or student visa that is valid for more than six months, then it can be changed to a spouse visa.
To apply for a visa under Appendix FM you will need to submit a valid application, so follow part 1 of immigration rules in paragraph 34. Make use of the correct application form, which has been published most recently.
You also need to submit the right application fee along with original and valid ID. With your application, you also have to pay the NHS surcharge which is 400 pounds per year. Applications from overseas must be filed online and it is important to print and complete Appendix 2 that consists of financial requirements.
UK applicants also need to file an important form FLR (M) for leave to remain and SET (M) for indefinite leave to remain. Children who are under 18 years of age can also enter the UK as dependents and you need to make an application for them at the same time as spouse visa application.
The sponsoring spouse must show income of a particular amount for the same and this income level depends on the number of dependent children that are being sponsored.
- UK citizen who is applying for the visa for their spouse needs to meet the financial requirement. You will need an income of minimum 18,600 pounds per year before tax without any child.
- In case your income is less than required then you can use the cash savings to meet the financial requirement.
- These savings must have been in your account for 6 or more months. Applicants must meet these income requirements to receive spouse visa UK approval.
- Income can be sourced from income through employment or self-employment, cash savings larger than 16,000 pounds, pensions or maternity pay.
- Applicants need to prove their income so you need to provide six months of bank statements, six months’ payslips and letters from employers along with the time of employment.
Exception-In case you have refugee status or humanitarian protection then you don’t have to meet the financial requirement.
To qualify for the spouse visa UK or marriage visa you need to meet the following requirements:
- You and your spouse need to be over 18 years of age
- You and your spouse must have met each other and be legally married
- You both intend to live permanently together
- You need to have sufficient money to support yourself or any other dependents without claiming the public funds.
- The sponsoring partner must earn more than 18,600 pounds per year and should have sufficient savings to sponsor you. The minimum financial is more if the sponsoring partner also has dependent children.
- The sponsoring partner must have suitable accommodation for himself/herself, spouse and other dependents.
- You need to satisfy the English Language requirements.
- Sponsoring partner must be a British citizen.
- The marriage or civil partnership needs to be recognized by the UK government.
- The relationship between married partners needs to be at least two years old when applying for the spouse visa in the UK. (This is to prevent the arranged marriages that are not recognized by British law).
- UK visa application form for the spouse visa and you will have to submit form VAF4A
- Valid passport with minimum one empty page to affix the visa
- Previous passports
- Two colored passport-sized photos that are taken according to the requirements set by the UK government
- Proof of English requirement
- Proof of financial income
- Proof of relationship of spouse and sponsor
- Details like your full name, date of birth and previous immigration applications
- Certificate of criminal record
- Your national insurance number
- Your parents’ nationality and date of birth if applying from outside the UK
- Biometric information like fingerprints, digital photograph taken at application center
- Proof of accommodation which can be a document that signifies that you have accommodation while staying in the UK
- Proof of paid spouse visa UK fees
If you are a spouse visa UK applicant then you need to show that you can understand and speak English and you must meet the English language requirements if:
- You have a nationality from a country outside the European economic area and Switzerland
- You want to migrate to the UK as the person’s spouse
- You are in a relationship with a British citizen or someone settled in the UK
- You want to immigrate to the UK as the person’s spouse
If you are not a national of majority English speaking country and don’t have a degree of English language then you have to pass an English language test from the approved test provider.
Spouse Visa UK fees depend on how you apply for it. If the application is sent from outside the UK to join the partner then you will have to pay a fee of £1523. In case you apply in the UK in person then the cost will be £1033 pounds.
The average processing time of spouse visa UK application is 2-12 weeks from the date of submission. If you are applying from overseas then a spouse visa is initially issued for 33 months.
If you are applying from within the UK then spouse visa is issued for 30 months. Later on, you can apply for an extension of an additional 30 months which can be extended up to five years.
On completion of 5 years you can also apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) if you are still married and living in the UK and the sponsor continues to meet the financial requirements.
Once ILR has been granted, you are eligible to apply for naturalization as a British citizen. You cannot, however, switch to spouse visa if you are already in the UK on a visa for at least six months.
You can apply for the extension of spouse visa UK for an additional 30 months.
If you wish to enter the UK based on your relationship with a UK national then you need to apply for entry clearance before coming to the UK.
If you are applying from inside the UK then you need to have leave to remain in the UK on a visa that is valid for 6 months at the time of applying.
A successful application under Appendix FM will provide you with a grant of leave to enter for 30 months. During this time the person can apply for ILR after 5 years. There is an exception where the application is granted based on exceptional circumstances for which you will need to wait for 10 years before applying for ILR.
If your visa application has been refused, then you can appeal only if you can prove that due to the decision, it will be impossible for you both to be together. However, it’s difficult to appeal and may take a long time. Hence, it would be better to take help from our specialist immigration solicitors, who have years of experience in dealing with refusal cases.
When you get the letter of visa refusal it will also state about your chances to appeal for the decision. If you can appeal to the decision then you can do so within 28 days of receiving the letter of refusal. Our competent and seasoned immigration will provide all kind of assistance from start till end.
We at Immigration solicitors 4 Me, make sure that your chances at getting Spouse visa UK are high and for that, we assign an expert solicitor who assesses the entire situation along with requirements and eligibility to get spouse visa UK.
We help you with the completion and compiling of applications and documents and will help you apply for a visa easily. It might be difficult for you to understand the various visa categories and choosing the right one for you.
To relieve you from this stress, we can provide you with one of our experienced immigration solicitors who can assist you with the application and will help you understand the various options available.
- We make sure that your documents are complete for the application
- We will make sure that you have enough proof to show that the relationship with your spouse is genuine
- We help you prepare the Letter of Representation in which the details of your case and its merits will be listed
- We will be liaising with the Home Office as your representative
- We will complete every part of your application with full attention and care
You can contact us on our official website or can call us on +44 2081243222 to get the best services for spouse visa UK as we have well-experienced and knowledgeable solicitors that specialize in compiling papers and documents.
We can help you apply online with great ease so that you get a spouse visa without any problem. Our team of experts has helped numerous people get a spouse visa in the UK successfully so get expert advice and assistance while applying for the spouse visa.
Why IMMIGRATION SOLICITORS 4ME
Our leading immigration solutions are with an assurance of taking care of each and every step of the application process. We follow and adhere to all the essential standards in the way and provide concise, promising and efficient advice making sure that the likelihood of your visa or immigration be granted. We have developed panels of individual immigration solicitors with specific expertise to take care of each type of visa category. Just for an example, our corporate and business panel takes care of tier 1 and tier 2 visas and other solicitors handle partner visas and there are specialists who are meant to be handling complex European Immigration law cases. We make sure that your immigration cases and concerns are taken care of by the best top notch immigration solicitors who have the right level of skills and expertise in the area.
Being a highly reputed immigration law firm, our company is backed with the reliable team of knowledgeable and up-to-date experienced immigration solicitors and lawyers handling entry clearance settlement and non settlement cases with zeal and utter efficiency. Feel free to go through our services, information available on the website. When you decide to get in touch with one of the highly experienced immigration solicitors, simply e-mail or call us. The response will be given immediately from our side and we assure to serve you round the clock for none but the best level of responses.
We do have a simple and straightforward process assuring to help our clients and it is been mentioned in below:
- Once you connect with us via phone web chat or email, we will analyse the case and accordingly will provide you a quote
- Our immigration solicitors will call you up for consultation that usually last for about an hour. The discussion will let you have the clarity about how we can help you and take a call on this, whether to proceed with availing the services or no.
We are true to our words and believe in taking the full responsibility of helping our clients in any simple, complex or stressful visa or immigration matter. With years of experience and insight of the industry, we cater world class legal immigration services, advice and support in both appeals and applications. We have actually carved recognition in the industry and are highly dedicated of offering the best level of services to all our clientele from all over.
The reasons are many. Our specialists go through each minor detail of your case and will assuredly issue all the engagement letters within 24 hours of time after the consultation. We have a big team of immigration solicitors and experts having vast and deep knowledge of their areas, so feel free to consult or meet any of them and feel the difference. We ensure that according to the demand and need of your issue, you will be provided with the respective time and respect and our experts will provide you the most honest, clear and effective advice as needed. Our stringent quality standards and assurance reflect the dedication and commitment towards work and clarity on the fact that we render none but the world class services at affordable prices.