Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

The UK has well-known and recognised network of universities and colleges. This part of the world has emerged as a most desired destination for the students from around the world. In the United Kingdom, the student visa has been the target and concern for every government due to abuse of this category by bogus colleges and non-genuine students. This is why it has been the constant changing and toughening category of the UK immigration. The rules have been developed in such a way that it limits the ability of international students to work or settle in the UK, unless they apply into one of the economic migrant categories.

Tier 4 student visa is further categorised into:

Tier-4 (General) student and Tier4 (Child) student categories.

Tier-4 (General) Student:

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you are16 years old or over and you:

  • • Have an unconditional offer in an eligible course of studies and you have been issued with a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
  • • You can speak, read, write and understand English at required level.
  • • You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies:

The confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is a reference number, provided by your educational institute. The CAS is a legitimate proof that you have been inducted by the respective institute, in a particular course. You have to put this reference number in your Tier 4 Student Visa application.

Your course

You are permitted to accept offers of course in one of the following:

  • • full-time course or diploma leading to a qualification that is at least at level 6 on the Ofqual register
  • • an overseas course of degree level study that is equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • • full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • • a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

English Language Requirements

As per UKVI:

Where you’re studying What you’re studying Knowledge of English needed Level Higher education institution (HEI) Degree level or above Reading, writing, listening and speaking Equivalent to CEFR (Common European Framework for languages) level B2 Institution that’s not HEI Degree level or above SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B2 Any institution Below degree SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B1 HEIs can choose how to assess a student’s knowledge of English. They must still be at:

  • • CEFR level B2 if you’re studying at a degree level or higher
  • • SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking and CEFR level B1 if you’re not studying at a degree level

You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in the following majority English speaking countries:

  • • Antigua and Barbuda
  • • Australia
  • • the Bahamas
  • • Barbados
  • • Belize
  • • Dominica
  • • Grenada
  • • Guyana
  • • Ireland
  • • Jamaica
  • • New Zealand
  • • St Kitts and Nevis
  • • St Lucia
  • • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • • Trinidad and Tobago
  • • UK
  • • USA

You are also exempt if you:

  • • Are Canadian national or national of above listed majority English speaking countries.
  • • Have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
  • • Are applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA

Visa conditions allowing to do the following:

  • • study
  • • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • • apply from inside or outside the UK
  • • apply to extend your stay
  • • work in most jobs - depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

Visa conditions preventing to do the following:

  • • You cannot have access to the public funds
  • • work in certain jobs, for example professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • • study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)

How can we help:

We at Immigration Solicitors 4me are well-conversant with the problems faced by the international students in their visa application process. A simple information, unknowingly, withheld in the application form can lead to a 10-year ban on future applications to the UK. We therefore provide a complete advice and a detailed questionnaire tailored made to ask the relevant information for the application. We then draft a detailed cover letter highlighting the supporting evidence and linking it with your specific case. Once all boxed are ticked and all the relevant information is provided in the application, the chances of refusal in this category of application are almost nil.


Why us:-

1. TMC Solicitors is fully SRA regulated law firm. It has a client base all over the UK and the world.

2. Professionalism and client care are our core attributes leading to numerous happy clients

3. Our success rate is over 98% owing to the expertise and thoroughness of our legal staff

4. Our legal approach is very pragmatic and realistic and we offer our client assurance of best legal advice

5. We are accessible 24/7 in case of any emergency, detention or deportation, refusal of entry at airports

6. We offer legal and professional services with minimum disruption in our client routine of life. We don’t make client travel we deal with client issues over the phone

7. We have specialised client coordinators to deal with initial free assessments and they are very passionate about their work

8. We have bilingual staff and we give client the comport of discussing their legal matters with some one very close and understanding


Our leading immigration solutions are with an assurance of taking care of each and every step of the application process. We follow and adhere to all the essential standards in the way and provide concise, promising and efficient advice making sure that the likelihood of your visa or immigration be granted. We have developed panels of individual immigration solicitors with specific expertise to take care of each type of visa category. Just for an example, our corporate and business panel takes care of tier 1 and tier 2 visas and other solicitors handle partner visas and there are specialists who are meant to be handling complex European Immigration law cases. We make sure that your immigration cases and concerns are taken care of by the best top notch immigration solicitors who have the right level of skills and expertise in the area.

Being a highly reputed immigration law firm, our company is backed with the reliable team of knowledgeable and up-to-date experienced immigration solicitors and lawyers handling entry clearance settlement and non settlement cases with zeal and utter efficiency. Feel free to go through our services, information available on the website. When you decide to get in touch with one of the highly experienced immigration solicitors, simply e-mail or call us. The response will be given immediately from our side and we assure to serve you round the clock for none but the best level of responses.

We do have a simple and straightforward process assuring to help our clients and it is been mentioned in below:

  • Once you connect with us via phone web chat or email, we will analyse the case and accordingly will provide you a quote
  • Our immigration solicitors will call you up for consultation that usually last for about an hour. The discussion will let you have the clarity about how we can help you and take a call on this, whether to proceed with availing the services or no.

We are true to our words and believe in taking the full responsibility of helping our clients in any simple, complex or stressful visa or immigration matter. With years of experience and insight of the industry, we cater world class legal immigration services, advice and support in both appeals and applications. We have actually carved recognition in the industry and are highly dedicated of offering the best level of services to all our clientele from all over.

The reasons are many. Our specialists go through each minor detail of your case and will assuredly issue all the engagement letters within 24 hours of time after the consultation. We have a big team of immigration solicitors and experts having vast and deep knowledge of their areas, so feel free to consult or meet any of them and feel the difference. We ensure that according to the demand and need of your issue, you will be provided with the respective time and respect and our experts will provide you the most honest, clear and effective advice as needed. Our stringent quality standards and assurance reflect the dedication and commitment towards work and clarity on the fact that we render none but the world class services at affordable prices.