The UK has well-known and recognised network of universities and colleges. This part of the world has emerged as a most desired destination for the students from around the world. In the United Kingdom, the student visa has been the target and concern for every government due to abuse of this category by bogus colleges and non-genuine students. This is why it has been the constant changing and toughening category of the UK immigration. The rules have been developed in such a way that it limits the ability of international students to work or settle in the UK, unless they apply into one of the economic migrant categories.
Tier 4 student visa is further categorised into:
Tier-4 (General) student and Tier4 (Child) student categories.
Tier-4 (General) Student:
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you are16 years old or over and you:
• Have an unconditional offer in an eligible course of studies and you have been issued with a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
• You can speak, read, write and understand English at required level.
• You have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies:
The confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is a reference number, provided by your educational institute. The CAS is a legitimate proof that you have been inducted by the respective institute, in a particular course. You have to put this reference number in your Tier 4 Student Visa application.
You are permitted to accept offers of course in one of the following:
• full-time course or diploma leading to a qualification that is at least at level 6 on the Ofqual register
• an overseas course of degree level study that is equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
• full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
• a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
English Language Requirements
As per UKVI:
Where you’re studying What you’re studying Knowledge of English needed Level Higher education institution (HEI) Degree level or above Reading, writing, listening and speaking Equivalent to CEFR (Common European Framework for languages) level B2 Institution that’s not HEI Degree level or above SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B2 Any institution Below degree SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B1 HEIs can choose how to assess a student’s knowledge of English. They must still be at:
• CEFR level B2 if you’re studying at a degree level or higher
• SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking and CEFR level B1 if you’re not studying at a degree level
You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in the following majority English speaking countries:
• Antigua and Barbuda
• the Bahamas
• New Zealand
• St Kitts and Nevis
• St Lucia
• St Vincent and the Grenadines
• Trinidad and Tobago
You are also exempt if you:
• Are Canadian national or national of above listed majority English speaking countries.
• Have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
• Are applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA
Visa conditions allowing to do the following:
• work as a student union sabbatical officer
• apply from inside or outside the UK
• apply to extend your stay
• work in most jobs - depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have
Visa conditions preventing to do the following:
• You cannot have access to the public funds
• work in certain jobs, for example professional sportsperson or sports coach
• study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)
How can we help:
We at Immigration Solicitors 4me are well-conversant with the problems faced by the international students in their visa application process. A simple information, unknowingly, withheld in the application form can lead to a 10-year ban on future applications to the UK. We therefore provide a complete advice and a detailed questionnaire tailored made to ask the relevant information for the application. We then draft a detailed cover letter highlighting the supporting evidence and linking it with your specific case. Once all boxed are ticked and all the relevant information is provided in the application, the chances of refusal in this category of application are almost nil.
1. TMC Solicitors is fully SRA regulated law firm. It has a client base all over the UK and the world.
2. Professionalism and client care are our core attributes leading to numerous happy clients
3. Our success rate is over 98% owing to the expertise and thoroughness of our legal staff
4. Our legal approach is very pragmatic and realistic and we offer our client assurance of best legal advice
5. We are accessible 24/7 in case of any emergency, detention or deportation, refusal of entry at airports
6. We offer legal and professional services with minimum disruption in our client routine of life. We don’t make client travel we deal with client issues over the phone
7. We have specialised client coordinators to deal with initial free assessments and they are very passionate about their work
8. We have bilingual staff and we give client the comport of discussing their legal matters with some one very close and understanding